Furnace Installation Services in Northern New Jersey
The Coziest Central Heating For Your New Jersey Home
If you live in Essex or Union County, you expect quality services at affordable prices. That’s why so many homeowners choose Service Professionals for HVAC maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation.
You’ll get superior heating and cooling services when you need them:
- Cleaner IAQ (indoor air quality)
- Energy savings and efficiency
- Heating service and repair
- Oil-to-gas conversions
Without maintenance, a typical HVAC system will last about 10 years. Regular maintenance can extend that life span, but every furnace will reach the end of its effectiveness at some point. If you think you’re due for furnace replacement, call the team at Service Professionals for help choosing a new, more effective heating system.
We’re Here When You Need Us
Same-Day ServiceSchedule Your Thumbs Up Service Today
Signs You Need Furnace Repair or Replacement in Maplewood, Millburn, and Union
Signs you need furnace repair or replacement include:
- Age: If your system is 10+ years old (depending on maintenance), you may need to budget for a new furnace.
- Frequent repairs: No matter your heating system’s age, if you’ve had several repairs, it may be time to cut your losses and invest in a new, energy-efficient furnace.
- Higher monthly energy bills: If your energy bills spike for no reason, you should have your furnace and ductwork checked.
Some heating issues can wait, but how do you know you have an emergency?
- CO alarm: If your carbon monoxide detector sounds an alarm, turn off the furnace, open windows, and leave the house. Signs of CO poisoning include:
- Body aches/weak muscles
- Flu-like symptoms
- Electrical warning signs: If you notice:
- Electrical connectors sparking
- Lights dim when furnace kicks on
- Buzzing sound
- Corroded/burnt wiring
- Smell of electrical wires burning
- No heat when it’s freezing: Children, the elderly, those with chronic illnesses, and some pets cannot tolerate extreme cold. An extended freeze and lack of heat can also cause plumbing damages that insurance may not cover if you didn’t seek furnace repair.
- Noises: An occasional noise indicates a problem. Any loud, repeated noises mean something is wrong, and it may be dangerous.
- Smell of heating fuel: Oil and gas odors are dangerous. Turn off the furnace and leave the house.
Benefits of Energy-Efficient Heating Systems in Northeast New Jersey
A new, energy-efficient furnace installation will lower your monthly bills almost immediately. Of all the home improvements you can make that offer a good return on investment, installing a new HVAC system is at the top of the list. The NAR (National Association of Realtors) says a new heating and cooling system can result in as much as a 71% ROI.
Even if you don’t plan to sell anytime soon, you can take advantage of ENERGY STAR® federal tax credits through 2023.
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive about furnace repair, replacement, and installation in New Jersey include:
Q: Can I install my own furnace?
A: No. It’s a bad idea and dangerous. Furnace installation should be done by a licensed HVAC professional.
Q: How long does it take to install a new or replacement furnace?
A: If you’re installing the same size/style furnace in the same location, the installation could take less than four hours. It depends on where your furnace will be installed, and some types of furnaces are more complicated than others.
Q: What maintenance can I DIY?
A: There are several things you can do to keep your household and furnace system safe:
- Install a carbon monoxide alarm.
- Look for signs of leaks.
- Most importantly, change your furnace air filters as often as needed. Your furnace will run more efficiently, and you’ll have better IAQ.
Whole-house wellness is based on the old-fashioned “handyman” concept, but it makes sense — your home’s systems depend on each other! That’s why we have a team of licensed, certified plumbers, electricians, and HVAC technicians.